There are a thousand ways to hard boil an egg. I have found the best way to do Shady Oaks 1812 eggs which are free range and fresh. I have tried every way and this works perfectly every time. In fact, I believe that our eggs taste best hard boiled. You get this great buttery and almost cheesy flavor. I always cook up a dozen or so at the beginning of the week to add to salads or just grab for a quick snack. In fact, hard boiled eggs are the perfect way to ensure that you and your family have easy ways to make good food choices. Pack them up with our salad vegetables and take to work or school for lunch. Delicious, EASY and good for you!
Shady Oaks 1812 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Bring a pot with enough water to submerge the amount of eggs you want to a roaring boil.
- Gently lower in eggs with a large spoon.
- Allow water to return to boil (about a minute)
- Cover and turn heat off.
- Allow eggs to sit in hot water for 20min.
- Spoon eggs out into a bowl with ice and water.
- Allow to cool enough to be handled before peeling. The longer you let cool the easier they are to peel.
- Enjoy with a little bit of salt, pepper and my secret... paprika. YUM!!
Did You Know...
As compared to conventionally produced eggs, Free Range Eggs have:
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat
- 2/3 more Vitamin A
- 2x more omega-3 fatty acids
- 3x more Vitamin E
- 7x more beta carotene
- 4-6x more vitamin D
- Higher folic acid levels
- Measurable levels of vitamin C
PS. Save your eggs shells for the compost pile! Great source of calcium.